The second Indo US Higher Education dialogue was held in Washington DC on 12JUN12 with Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Kapil Sibal and U S Secretary of State Ms Hillary Clinton as the co-chair.
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the Dialogue not only represents the commitment of both the governments but also of both societies to provide more opportunities to the youth to achieve their aspirations. Secretary Clinton highlighted three main focus areas :
– Work force development
– Research in grand challenge areas like sustainable development, energy, public health;
– Developing open education resources
Both sides appreciated that there is immense scope of working together on various strands in Research and Innovation, particularly in the identified areas.
Some of the areas identified for research and innovation are:
– Public health including medical technology, green energy and environmental studies
– Cyber security
– Leveraging technology for education leading to e-learning
– Development of Meta University
– Increasing connectivity through NKN
– Educational Technology
– Connect to India programme
– Sharing of best practices in innovation and incubation
The meeting was followed by the announcement of awards under the Singh – Obama knowledge Initiative and the presentation of web portal on Indo US higher education developed by AICTE.